CMC Bike Shop
Do you have a friend visiting this weekend but not an extra bike to loan them? Are your bike tires flat from the summer? Need to check those brakes before riding downhill to the Village? Then come check out the CMC Bike Shop!
• The Bike Shop is located in the basement on the west side of Wohlford Hall (see map).
• The Bike Shop typically opens sometime during the second week of classes in the fall semester. It is not open during College breaks.
• The Bike Shop hours may vary year to year but will generally be: Mo-Th from 9:30am – 8pm and Fr-Su from 11am – 8pm.
• CMC students work in the Shop as Bike Shop Techs. There are 1 or 2 student supervisors for the Bike Shop.
• The Bike Shop rents bikes, locks, and helmets to CMC students, faculty, and staff for two days at a time at no charge.
• Non-CMC students from other Consortium institutions may have their bike repaired and pay for parts. Non-CMC students may not rent out bikes. The Bike Shop’s services are not available to faculty and staff from other Consortium institutions.
• The Bike Shop Techs will fix your bike for free. The Shop only charges money for parts or if the fix goes beyond the Techs’ training.
• You must pay for parts before your bike is released to you. Cash or check are the only accepted methods of payment.
• The Bike Shop Techs will assemble a bike for you free of charge.
• The Bike Shop holds a bike auction in late September or early October for bikes left behind over the summer.
• To contact the Bike Shop, send an email to: BikeShop@cmc.edu.