CS 51 Introduction to Computer Science
Instructor: Art Lee
(alee at cmc dot edu, Adams 216, 909-607-0410)
Lectures: T, H 9:35am-10:50am, Roberts North 12
- Section 1 (Tuesday,
8:00am-8:50am, Roberts North 12)
- Section 2 (Tuesday,
11:00am-11:50am, Roberts North 15)
- Office hours:
- Art Lee: T 4pm-5pm, F 10am-11am, or
by appointment (Adams 216)
- John Sun: T 12:30-1:15, H 10:50-12:00, or by appointment (Adams 201, jsun at cmc dot edu, 7-7128)
- Tutoring Schedule
- If you have questions on a problem set, start with
the FAQ link associated with the problem set.
Sakai to submit assignments.
Textbooks and References
- The primary source of information about the programming
language Java and the concepts of computer science that we will
study this semester will be my notes and Building Java
Programs: A Back To Basics Approach, Third Edition by
Stuart Reges and Marty Stepp.
Java SE 7 API Specification.
- The Java Programming Language, 4th edition,
Arnold, Gosling, and Holmes, Addison-Wesley.
(A good reference on the language Java, but don't buy it yet.)
We will be using the programming language Java using Eclipse as the
programming environment. You will most likely want to use Java
and Eclipse installed on your computer.
Some Interesting Links
Maintained by Art Lee (alee at cmc dot edu).
Last modified . . .