CS 51 Introduction to Computer Science
Instructor: Art Lee
(alee at cmc dot edu, Adams 216, 909-607-0410)
Lectures: T, H 9:35am-10:50am, Roberts North 12
- Section 1 (H, 11:00am-11:50am, RN 12)
- Section 2 (F, 11:00am-11:50am, RN 12)
- Office hours:
- Art Lee: T 4pm-5pm, F 10am-11am, or
by appointment (Adams 216)
- John Sun: T 12:30pm-1:15pm, H
2:30pm-3:45pm, or by appointment (Adams 201, jsun at cmc dot
- Tutoring Schedule
- Browse the pages on this site. I intend to link all course
information whenever feasible to the pages here.
Consequently, the content will be updated almost daily. This is
the first place to look for answers if you have any questions,
specially the FAQ link associated with each problem
for homework submission. All of your assignments will be
handed in electronically using Sakai.
- The primary source of information about the programming
language Java and the concepts of computer science that we will
study this semester will be my notes and Think Java: How
to Think Like a Computer Scientist, 5.1.2 by Allen
B. Downey, 2012.
Java SE 7 API Specification.
- The Java Programming Language, 4th edition,
Arnold, Gosling, and Holmes, Addison-Wesley.
(A good reference on the language Java, but don't buy it yet.)
We will be using the programming language Java using Eclipse as the
programming environment. You will most likely want to use Java
and Eclipse installed on your computer.
Some Interesting Links
Maintained by Art Lee (alee at cmc dot edu).
Last modified . . .