Ananda Ganguly, Ph.D.
Areas of Expertise
Accounting, Cost Management, Design of Cost Management Systems, Managerial Economics and Control, Accounting Information Systems, Design of Management Systems, Financial Economics
Selected Research and Publications
- "Is NeuroAccounting Waiting in the Wings? An Essay," with Jacob G. Birnberg, ACCOUNTING, ORGANIZATIONS & SOCIETY, January 2012, Vol, 37(1), pp. 1-13, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aos.2011.11.004
- "Covariation Assessments with Costly Information Collection in Audit Planning: An Experimental Study," with Jacqueline Hammersley, AUDITING: A JOURNAL OF PRACTICE AND THEORY, May 2009, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 1-27.
- "Assurer Reputation for Competence in a Multi-Service Context," With Mark E. Peecher and T. Joshua Herbold, CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH, Spring 2007, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 133-170.
- "The Riskiness of Large Audit Firm Client Portfolios and Changes in Audit Liability Regimes: Evidence from the U.S. Audit Market,” with Jong-Hag Choi and Rajib Doogar, CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH, Winter 2004, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 747-785.
- "Do Asset Market Prices Reflect Traders’ Judgment Biases," with John H. Kagel and Donald V. Moser, JOURNAL OF RISK AND UNCERTAINTY, May 2000, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 219-245.
Selected Awards and Affiliations
- List of Distinguished Teachers, Module 4, MBA Program, Purdue University (2005)
- St. Louis Accountancy Committee Excellence in Teaching Award (2002)
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers" 6th Edition, 2000
- Marquis' "Whoï¿½s Who in America," Years 2000-2003, 2005, 2008-2009.
- Department of Accountancy Teaching Award, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1997.
Ananda Ganguly, Ph.D.
Morcos F. Massoud Associate Professor of Accounting and George R. Roberts Fellow
Education: B.Comm (Honors in Accounting) - St. Xavier's College, University of Calcutta; Ph.D. in Business Administration (Accounting & Economic Decision Making) - University of Pittsburgh
Department: Robert Day School
Phone: (909) 607-0720
Address: Bauer Center 311
For more information, please contact the Claremont McKenna College Public Affairs Office at (909) 621-8099