Dean's Summer Research Fellows Program
As our summer session program gains in popularity, the Dean's Summer Research Fellows Program allows students to gain research experience and work experience, while enrolled in classes. Depending on faculty needs, students will work part-time for a faculty member (8-10 hours per week at $10 per hour, subject to federal and state income taxes; exempt from FICA withholding).
Student Application Procedures:
- Secure a faculty or research institute sponsorship for the “Dean's Summer Research Fellowship.” Send your professors an Email expressing your interest in this program, inquiring whether they would like research assistance over the summer. You may also let the Dean of Faculty's Office know if you are interested in conducting research for a professor in areas outside your major. You may reach Erica Nichols at ENichols@cmc.edu.
- Submit “Dean’s Summer Research Fellowship Application” to Erica Nichols in the Dean of the Faculty’s Office.
- Include a copy of your unofficial transcript to Erica Nichols in the Dean of the Faculty's Office.
- Once you receive notification of your acceptance into the program, fill out all relevant HR paperwork by contacting Wendy Munoz.
- Please contact Erica Nichols with any further questions.